Monday 5 September 2011

My sister's wedding

We have been away for a long time. It was my sister's wedding in August and we added our family holiday to that stay, so in total we were away for 5 weeks.
Here are some things I made for the wedding.

This is the quilt I made for my sister and her husband. It is the biggest project I have ever done and I am so glad they liked it. When I started making it, I wasn't too sure how it would work out...especially after my friends disliked some of the fabric I was going to use. I am so glad I kept going, the colours worked beautifully and the different prints make it interesting, at least I think so.
My girls were flower girls and I made their dresses. I bought the fabric at Ikea for £5 per metre, you can't go wrong with that (and if I remember right it was designed by Kath Kidson, but I am not sure anymore). They looked so cute and had a fantastic day.This is our picture for the guest book. I asked my dad to make me a big heart out of thick wire and I tied ivy around it. I then took pictures of all the guests and these will go in the guest book together with their wishes for the happy couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment